[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Trap Team Launch Day Haul

Skylanders Trap Team Launch Day Haul

Post up your best and most recent finds

Skylanders Trap Team Launch Day Haul

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:04 pm

There is a recap of my Launch Day experience.

Strategy was to hit Target first as it has been so hard to spot their exclusives outside of Launch Day at my local store. I got their as they were stocking them and was handed "the only Gearshift" and Nitro Krypt King, who they looked to have a total of 6. Also picked up a single of Tidal Wave Gill Grunt just in case. They had 3-4 Wallops, which I thought was really odd given how little stock they had...I had one, and then put it back...I didn't really scan their Traps since I was in a hurry to get to TRU and cash in on the sale.

TRU had a big selection, but no W2 Trap Masters, which I was looking for. There was a really young kid with no parent anywhere in sight for a long time just casing the traps...His dad finally showed up and between the two accounts I'd say they logged 20-30 mins just blocking off the traps. I made good use of the time and found the W2 Singles of the Core Skylanders, which was cool.

By the time the kid and his Dad left I realized how the pegs up top (that dangled a few traps) had once been full. The sad thing is the scalper lady took all 4 of the Wii U Dark Starter Packs. I went online and ordered one when I got home. I did pick up a few traps and the PowerA Trap Case.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders Trap Team Launch Day Haul

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:09 pm

I too made Target my priority. My local target had 10 to 12 nitro krypt king and 3 or 4 Gearshift. And about 15 or so outlaw brawl and chain traps. I grabbed a nitro and then turned to go for the trap and found that a scalper family mom dad and a late teens son cleared the rack of the traps and gearshift and were headed off with a full cart. I mentioned to my son rather loudly we won't get the trap because someone had to stock their ebay store. The teenager of the group overheard and surprisingly handed one over. I grabbed a Wallop too.Was concerned about gearshift but my local Walmart had tons.so grabbed her there along with both trap tripples. Went to gamestop who had a decent stock but only grabbed dark edition starter for wii u which I pre ordered. I was going to skip TRU alltogether today as the draw for me would be legendaries and my local store always has tons of that stuff. But ended up swinging in there to grab some extra traps on the bogo for a buck deal. TRU had tons of Gearshift also. I hope the stock on legendaries stays like the previous games and I didn't screw up by passing on them today.
Last edited by wantGhostroaster2 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Omenix » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Today I got dark starter for ps4 so I finally have kaos trap, a factory flower trap and a drafty decanter (I think thats the name?) So I now have a trap of every element :D I have been debating about getting wallop, ive decided to spring for him. In australia we have no need to worry about scalpers, the waves come later, the skylanders cost more and the overseas shipping is too expendive that its just not eorth it for the scalpers, I feel For all you poor fans in America :( but then again all my points are bad for us too :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:24 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:28 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:51 am

What really surprises me is they chose to scalp wallop, from what ive heard krypt king is more popular, but hey its their funeral not ours! In any case its just like thump back and eye brawl back during giants, they'll be back in stock in s couple of weeks, patience is the key.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby wantGhostroaster2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:34 am

Hi I am Chris. I'm closer to 60 than I am 20 and got addicted to this game series through my son
wantGhostroaster2
Chompy

Postby Portalmastermom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm

We got up early so that we could get to TRU a few minutes before it opened. I expected to see a small crowed of people gathered in front of the doors ready to rush in as soon as they opened. When we got there only one man and his son were there. When we got inside they were still putting things up. The employs were frantically opening boxes and panicked when they saw us coming. We waited for about 45 minuted while they unboxed everything. We even offered to help to move things along, since my daughter used to work there and was with us, but they refused. Haha! We got most of the wave one stuff. I try to get Skylanders at TRU first because of the great deals they have and the rewards points.

We went to Target next to pick up our pre-ordered starter pack and Outlaw Brawl-and-Chain trap. They didn't have any of the Trap Team stuff out on the shelves. Just Giants. Not even a space for Trap Team yet. We went to the electronics desk and presented our pre-order card. The guy gave me a strange look and told me they didn't have them out yet. I showed him the card again and told him I had pre-ordered the starter pack and it said I could pick it up Oct 5. He called his supervisor and they both went to the back and came back with our game but no trap. I showed him the card again and explained that the trap comes free with the game if you pre-ordered it from Target. He went to the back of the store again. The supervisor stayed to chat with us, then got a worried look after a few minutes and said he had better go make sure the guy hadn't gotten lost.

After waiting about ten minutes, the first guy came back with the Kaos trap. At this point I wasn't sure if I should just take it not say anything or what. I decided to let him know that the Kaos trap was not the right one and showed him the pre-order card again. He said everything was still in boxes back there but he would try and find the right trap. He was going to take the Kaos trap back. I panicked and grabbed it and said we would buy it as well. As he was about to leave, his supervisor returned with the right Target exclusive trap. We had to leave after that and didn't get Nitro Krypy King. Although I'm sure we could have asked for them to check. Again.

We ran into Walmart for some chips and soda and on the way checked the Skylander isle. They didn't have any of the Trap Team stuff out. We got home in time for the Cowboys game and unboxed everything.
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:26 am

Oh as for the box, the problem was I was in a hurry and it was late. I saw the side of the box and it's silver. The top of it is blue. I thought it was silver on the top of it because the Swap Force ones that they had next to them were put in the opposite direction. I haven't bought any yet.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:56 am

My Target was stocking when I was in there around 1030. TRU did the overnight deal with people actually setting up the display that night for the 8 AM opening. I've wasted so much time dealing with Walmart on launch days of games I don't even do it anymore. The lure of the Gill Grunt Double Pack was offset by my past experiences knowing I'd be in there about an hour while I waited for them to do what they should have already done. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a few of my area Walmarts aren't just going to stock the game today since it is Tuesday, lol. I'd go in to check, but I don't want to waste the time.

A lot of stores will let you go thru the boxes when they aren't set up...sucks y'all had to wait on them.

I saw the new Storage Case, but it didn't look to have any new characters?! I should have bought one to save 40%, but I was so wrapped up with waiting on the Trap people to leave I didn't think of it...mainly bc I was in a hurry to get home, lol.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Skylander Hunting